St John's House, built circa 1511, is the oldest habitable house in Bridgend, and has been described as: An early storeyed town-house of exceptional interest with much period detail and a clearly defined plan. The history of the house is a mystery prior to 1795.
The house will be open with a number of events taking place.
Directions - from the town centre, go over the old bridge and cross the road. At Taffys Pub, bear right up Newcastle Hill and the house is on the right.
There is no wheelchair access. The floors are uneven and care needs to be taken when walking through the building. Access to the first floor is via steep stairs.