View Larger Map
« Back

Open Doors - Llancaiach Fawr Manor

About

Semi fortified gentry manor house in the Glamorgan uplands built c 1550 (according to recent Time Team timber dating!) for the Prichard Family. Restored to it’s mid 17th century internal layout and furnishings. Costumed , live interpretation brings the Manor to life as the servants of Colonel Prichard show visitors aspects of life in a gentry home and during the Civil Wars from their perspective. Set within formal gardens and working gardens.

Hour long 'taster' tours of the manor at 2pm and 3.30pm free of charge- pre-booking essential as places are limited.

Numbers limited on each tour to 25 people maximum. Tours start at 2pm and 3.30 pm each afternoon (17th,18th, 19th and 20th September) Please contact reception on 01443 412248 to book your place.

Follow brown signs from junction of A470 and A472. nearest station Pengam or Ystrad Mynach . Bus stop for the X38 at the entrance. Detailed information on our website.

Uneven floors on the ground floor, lift access to first and second floors- lift size accommodates manual wheelchairs but not electric wheelchairs unfortunately, due to space restrictions in the grade 1 listed building. Manual wheelchairs available for transfer. Accessible toilets in Visitor Centre. Full details in the Access Guide on our website

Facilities

  • Booking essential
  • Café
  • Full disabled access
  • Free
  • Parking (free)
  • Picnic Site
  • Toilets