View Larger Map
« Back

Parc Nant-y-Waun

About

The open space covers over 22 hectares and was created as part of a land reclamation scheme in former mine workings. Two of the main pathways through the site follow the routes of tram roads built between 1793 and 1833, that carried coal, iron ore and other materials from the Ironworks at Nantyglo and Beaufort to the quarries above Llangattock and the canal at Gilwern. Warwick Road follows the route of the Abergavenny  to Merthyr railway built in 1862 and closed in 1953.

A great place for walking, fishing and picnicing.

Facilities

  • Free
  • Outdoor Attraction
  • Parking (free)